The Center is a pre-eminent collection of contemporary art in the Pacific Northwest. It exhibits works in all media of contemporary art. Its multiple galleries overlook the Puget Sound, offering panorama views to accompany the art.
Past exhibitions have touched on many different themes in contemporary art. They include solo shows for artists such as Haris Purnomo, Tracy Boyd, Kyle Cook and photographer Sara Skinner. Group shows have focused on outdoor sculpture, black history month and tattooing.
The center also hosts book readings, auction fundraisers, and other special events. Besides exhibiting contemporary art, it also accepts submissions from contemporary artists to display their work at the center.
Center on Contemporary Art Information
- Other Locations: CoCA Belltown, 2721 First Ave
- Public Transportation: Good for both locations (Bus 46 from the Seaview Ave NW stop is a 3-minute walk. For the Belltown location, buses 15, 18, 81 from the First Avenue and Clay Street stop are less than a 1-minute walk.)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good at both locations
- Hours: Monday–Friday 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Extended hours on Thursdays
- Admission: Event tickets vary
- Tour: Free with the price of admission. Docent-led tours are available daily at 1:00 p.m.
- Membership: Individual membership is $40. Benefits include free admission to daily exhibitions, free admission to most exhibition openings, reduced rates on performance events, advance ticket purchase privileges, and invitations to special events.