San Francisco is such a thriving arts city that even just a small stretch of street merits itsown festival. 24 Days of Central Market Arts, launched in September 2010, is a three-week event that showcases performing arts companies based in the area of Market Street between 5th and 9th streets. Each day of the festival features at least one exciting event, including visual art displays, dance performances and social dances, concerts, theatrical pieces, sketch comedy, classes and workshops, family friendly shows, and outdoor performances. It is a perfect way to get to know the Central Market arts scene inside out, while also exploring neighborhood businesses and restaurants.
Central Market Arts Information
- Venues: Many venues including the Garage, KUNST-STOFF Arts, Alonzo King LINES dance center, and San Francisco City Hall
- Public Transportation: Varies depending on venue (generally good)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Varies depending on venue
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 30 events over three weeks
- Admission: Varies ($5-20), with many events open to the public.