Central Square Theater is a collaboration between two non-profit professional theater companies, The Nora Theatre Company and Underground Railway Theater (URT), with a combined track record of 50 years of creating theater and educational programming for the Greater Boston community.
URT was founded in 1978 and The Nora in 1988, but neither had a permanent home until July 2008, when both companies moved into the new, state-of-the-art Central Square Theater in Cambridge. More than a theater space, CST is also an artistic and managerial partnership in which each resident company maintains its identity while working in tandem.
Central Square Theater Information
- Public Transportation: Good. Accessible by ‘T’ (red line to Central Square) and a number of public bus routes.
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Six Mainstage productions per season, each running approximately one month.
- Ticket Prices: Adults $40, Seniors (60+) $30, Students $25
- Subscriptions/Membership: Full season subscription includes admission to all six Mainstage productions, plus free parking, beverages, ticket exchanges, and discounts at other regional theaters. Spotlight subscription includes admission to four Mainstage productions.