Founded in 1983, Centre Stage is a year-round, 285-seat regional theater located within walking distance of historic Falls Park and the many shops and restaurants that line downtown Greenville’s Main Street corridor. The theater has occupied its current home, in the Citi-Smith Barney Building at 501 River Street, since October 1997.
Centre Stage focuses primarily on new plays and established works of the modern repertoire. The company’s annual New Play Festival (NPF) receives hundreds of submissions from around the country and abroad; finalists are presented in readings during the week-long festival, and each year’s winning entry receives a full production during the subsequent season. The theater also hosts art exhibitions, chamber music concerts, independent film screenings, guest lectures, and other special events in its state-of-the-art performance facility.
Centre Stage Information
- Public Transportation: Excellent (All Greenlink buses are available at the GTA Transit, and it is a 1-minute walk to the theatre)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Six per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: Non-musical tickets are $20–$25 Adults, $18–$23 Seniors (65+), and $13–$18 Students with prices varying by seat selection. Musical tickets are $25–$30 Adults and $20–$25 Students with prices varying by seat selection. Student rush tickets are available 30 minutes prior to Non-Musical shows only for $10.00 (w/ID)
- Group Discounts: Group rates are available (10–20 at $20 each; 21–30 at $18 each; 31+ at $15 each)
- Subscriptions: Adults $125; Seniors (65+) $110; Students $75. Subscribers receive advance notice for every production and may use their 6 tickets in any combination throughout the season (limit 2 admissions for any musical). They also receive a parking pass for the Citi Smith Barney lots that may be used any weekday after 5 p.m. and all day on Saturday and Sunday.