The Cerritos Center (CCPA) presents a wide variety of events by some of the most prestigious performers in the nation. The main season of the CCPA runs from August to May and features approximately 150 performances of music, theater, dance, opera, comedy and more. The Center, which opened in 1993, marked its arrival as one of the premier performance venues in the Southlands with three days of inaugural performances by famed crooner Frank Sinatra.
The Center is owned and operated by the city of Cerritos, and is located in the Cerritos Towne Center retail park. The CCPA facility is a unique and modern building, featuring a liberal use of glass, vibrant colors and striking angles. By an innovative system of movable seating blocks, floor lifts and seating panels, the 6,000 square foot main auditorium can be divided into six separate configurations, seating between 921 and 1934 visitors. The Sierra Room/Theater features a similar system, alternating between one large theater and five smaller meeting spaces. The Mojave Room and Grand Lobby of the CCPA are available for rental for private functions as well.
Cerritos Center for the Performing Arts Information
- Public Transportation: Very good (within a 1-minute walk from Metro bus 128 at Bloomfield Avenue/Park Plaza, and COW buses 1A, 1C, 2A, and 2C at Towne Center)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Season runs from August to May and annual schedule includes over 150 performances. Programming includes concerts, dance, cabaret, comedy, musicals, family shows, orchestras, opera, magic, jazz, circus, and other events
- Ticket Prices: Vary based on program
- Group Discounts: Discounts available for groups of 20 or more
- Subscriptions/Membership: Subscription discounts available for some series, such as the What Makes It Great series.