(June – August) Chamber Music at the Barn at Prairie Pines has been serving Wichita-area concertgoers since 1997. In contrast to the sometimes buttoned-up aesthetic of the concert hall, the Prairie Pines campus allows for classical music in an informal rural setting. Visitors may purchase tickets with or without the inclusion of a pre-concert dinner buffet outdoors.The main concert season runs from June through August, typically with three performances per program. During that time, four distinctive educational camps are offered, including programs for mandolinists and African-American string students. (DK)
Chamber Music at the Barn Information
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 16 concerts per year
- Ticket Prices: Concert and Dinner ($27–$47); Concert Only ($12–$32). Prices vary by seating selection
- Membership: Chamber Music Friends (up to $99); Contributors ($100–$249); Donors ($250–$499); Sponsors ($500–$999); Friends & Lovers ($1,000–$2,499); Patrons ($2,500–$4,999); Grand Patrons ($5,000–$9,999); Visionaries ($10,000+). Friends and Lovers level members enjoy additional festivities throughout the year.