Chicago Chamber Choir brings its warm and full sound to holiday repertoire, early American songs, international folk selections, and contemporary compositions alike.
Despite different iterations, first as Luminaria and then as Cantabile, the primarily acappella choral ensemble, now known as Chicago Chamber Choir, has remained true to its core principle—accessibility to the performing arts for those underrepresented in traditional audiences—since its beginnings in 1996. In addition to its major concerts, the roughly 40-member core goes beyond the church sanctuary and the concert hall to give free performances at retirement homes, inner city Chicago schools, and homeless facilities throughout the surrounding community.
Chicago Chamber Choir Information
- Venues: Various locations throughout the Chicago area
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performance/Productions: Three productions with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: $18 for adults and $15 for children and students in advance, $20 for day-of tickets
- Subscriptions: Three concert series available for $50 adults, children and students $4
- Membership: Available from $1 to $5,000+. Extra special benefits for donors include a special message to a singer or the entire choir in the program ($100+), a complimentary season subscription ($250+), a singing Choirgram delivered to the recipient of your choice ($500+), dinner with the artistic director ($1,000+), and a private chamber performance for your next party or special event ($5,000+).