CTC bills itself as a place “where fun takes center stage”. The theatre has a history dating back to 1924, and it was incorporated in 1947. Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati introduces young audiences in Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana to the performing arts through professional, fully-staged productions designed to appeal to parents and educators while teaching children morals and values.
Each season, CTC presents three one-hour productions aimed at children ages four and up. The theater makes a point of including dance, visual art, opera, and a variety of musical styles in its repertoire, thereby helping children to understand and appreciate all of these art forms. Company artists and staff members work with educators to support and complement their curricula through the shows selected for performance and the study guides that the theater creates with the assistance of its Educational Advisory Board. These guides are provided to teachers and parents as a tool to assist learning before and after each visit.
Children’s Theatre of Cincinnati Information
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performance/Programs: Performance Schedule is Friday through Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Single Tickets are $7 – $20, student discounts available, group discounts for parties of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: 2-Show ($14-$40), 3-Show ($21-$54) and 4-Show ($28-$72) packages available. Subscription benefits include priority seating, free ticket exchange, ticket insurance, free show poster and parking passes.