The only professional theatre in Arizona catering exclusively to kids and young adults, Childsplay operates a full season of whimsical works at its home at the Tempe Center for the Arts, as well as offering a touring production that plays over 40 cities in 17 states each year. Committed to creating the full theatrical experience for children and their parents, Childsplay’s innovative ‘360 Theatre’ program offers families a complete before, after and behind the scenes tour of the imagination that goes into creating the world on stage.
- Venues: This company appears on tour at schools throughout Arizona. Locally they most frequently appear at the Tempe Center for the Arts, 700 West Rio Salado Parkway
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue
- Performance/Programs: Original children’s theater performed Friday-Sunday at Tempe Arts and on a varying schedule on tour. This award winning company presents up to six productions annually
- Admission: Around $25 for regular admission. Steep discounts are offered for school groups and educators
- Subscription/Memberships: The company offers Play Pass. Each pass purchased can be exchanged for one ticket. Depending on the Play Pass plan you choose, subscribers save 20-50% over individual ticket prices
- Educational Offerings: The company’s 360 Theatre experience provides young audiences with a behind the scenes and after-show package featuring creative play activities and workshops.