Founded in 1982, this substantial “chamber choir” of 60 predominantly non-professional singers presents thoughtfully conceived programs that cover familiar liturgical works by J.S. Bach as well as less-frequented works not yet canonized as masterworks. Directed by Matthew Glandorf, the ensemble is notable for the sheer diversity of its repertoire, having performed approximately 200 compositions by more than 100 composers. The Choral Arts Society performs about four programs per concert season.
Choral Arts Society Information
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Most venues are accessible; call venue management for details
- Performances/Programs: Three programs per season, some with multiple performances
- Ticket Prices: General admission $25, students $12
- Membership: Not available but donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.