The chamber ensemble Chorale Connecticut is a mixed chorus whose repertoire consists of works from the Renaissance to the present. Composers represented include Dowland, Mozart, Mendelssohn, Britten, Daniel Pinkham, Stephen Paulus, Eric Whitacre, and many more. The choir’s recent concert programs are well documented on its website, complete with MP3s of select songs. CDs of individual concerts are available for purchase.
Chorale Connecticut Information
- Other Venues: Crowell Concert Hall, Wesleyan University, 283 Washington Terrace, Middletown
- Public Transportation: Good for both locations. First United Methodist Church – steps from CT Transit bus A (Kohl’s Plaza/Westfield Shoppingtown Meriden Route) at Pleasant Street/East Main Street; and a 2-minute walk from buses C (W. Main St./E. Main St. Meriden Route) and the M-LINK at Liberty Street/Norwood Street. Crowell Concert Hall (a short walk from MAT buses C and D at Washington Street/High Street; and a 7-minute walk from buses A and B at Main Street/Williams Street)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good at both locations
- Performances: One spring program in May and one winter program in December per concert season
- Ticket Prices: $18 in advance, $20 at the door; seniors $15
- Contribution Levels: Supporter $99; Angel $100; Benefactor $250; Patron $500; Saint $1000+.