Under the leadership of Artistic Director Richard Coffey, CONCORA/Connecticut Choral Artists, Inc. has been a go-to source for professional choral performances in Connecticut since 1974. CONCORA is notable for its interpretations of the works of J.S. Bach, on which they collaborate annually with the Hartford Symphony Orchestra, and that of Ned Rorem, who is said to have called the ensemble “the finest chorus in America.”
With the a cappella quartet CONCORA-to-Go, students in grades K-6 are invited to partake in “Connecticut’s only in-school cultural arts program that teaches children songs from all over the world.” The smaller ensemble’s community outreach also includes choral workshops specifically designed to boost the skills of school choirs in grades 7-12.
CONCORA/Connecticut Choral Artists Information
- Venues: Immanuel Congregational Church, Hartford; Center Church, Hartford; First Church of Christ, New Britain; South Church, New Britain; and various other locations
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Most venues accessible, contact venue management for more details
- Performances/Programs: Four concerts per season, plus special events like Wine & Jazz and recitals
- Ticket Prices: students $10; $20–$45 for others (tickets are cheaper if you buy early)
- Group Discounts: Discounts available for groups of 8 or more
- Subscriptions: Subscription may be available; contact for details
- Membership: Friends of Bach memberships start at $100, but any donation is accepted and greatly appreciated.