(June) This June festival offers a satisfying range of early music performances, from the a cappella Renaissance works of Josquin des Prez and Palestrina, to fully-staged operas by composers like Handel, to orchestral music by Vivaldi and Bach. Performances are given by some of the northeast’s top early music ensembles, such as the Arcadia Players, Ensemble Origo, and Sinfonia Players. Pre-concert talks are given by Artistic Director Dr. Eric Rice.
Connecticut Early Music Festival Information
- Venues: Evans Hall, Cummings Arts Center and Harkness Chapel at Connecticut College; Christ the King Church, 1 McCurdy Road, Old Lyme; La Grua Center, 121 Water Street, Stonington
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: Six concerts
- Ticket Prices: Depending on the event and time of purchase, tickets range from $22 – $40.