Curious Theatre is a mid-sized professional company located in the heart of Denver’s Golden Triangle neighborhood. It offers five main-stage shows per season — recent productions include Sarah Ruhl’s Dead Man’s Cell Phone, Robert Louis Vaughan’s Astronomical Sunset, Annie Baker’s Circle Mirror Transformation — and hosts special events and programs such as Curious New Voices, an award-winning teen playwriting initiative.
CTC recently purchased its home of ten years, previously known as The Acoma Center, originally a church that was built in 1880. Since its purchase, the building has undergone extensive renovations, including new seating and the addition of a balcony-level bar/lounge area dubbed “The Sanctuary.”
Curious Theater Company Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (accessible by a number of public bus routes)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Six productions per season, each running for approximately one month.
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets $18-42, depending on seating. Discounts available for students (with valid ID), seniors (60+), military personnel, and Colorado Theatre Guild members.
- Group Discounts: Groups of 10 or more receive discounts (vary by group size), seating privileges, and more.
- Subscriptions: A number of season ticket options are available. Flex package ($155-180) includes six tickets to be used at any time; 5 Play ($130-155/$105-130 students & seniors) allows admission to each season production; Preview ($65) includes 1 ticket to 1 preview of each production; Opening Night ($200) allows admission to the opening performance of each show + opening night celebration.