Although Cleveland no longer has a city-supported ballet company, there are still excellent opportunities to attend performances by professional touring companies, thanks to Dance Cleveland. This organization, acting primarily as a programming and presenting body, has made the rock and roll capital of the world a regular stop for some of the most well-known dance companies in the nation. Each year, they bring in five to six dance companies to one of five different venues in the Cleveland Area. Previous seasons have included Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre, Alonzo King’s Lines, Doug Varone and Dancers, and Mark Morris Dance Group among many others.
Dance Cleveland Information
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: There are approximately 9 per season
- Ticket Prices: Each performance is priced individually. Discounts are frequently available for students and seniors
- Subscriptions: There are several options depending on series and seat preference. The Connoisseur Series is $135–$226; the Mainstage Series is $120–$196, and the Sampler Series $156–$196
- Donations: Accepted in any amount.