Dance Kaleidoscope has a rigorous and athletic style that draws both from classical ballet and the modern dance technique of Martha Graham. The company initially stemmed from a state-wide educational program and, as it has grown, it has continued to maintain strong ties to education by providing in-school workshops, performances, and residencies.
Many of Dance Kaleidoscope’s shows are musically driven by well-known masterpieces such as Carmina Burana, and many shows contain strong theatrical narratives, such as their cabaret interpretation of the English morality play Everyman. Known for unique takes on Shakespeare works, the company has also held the status of dance artist-in-residence at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival for over ten years.
Dance Kaleidoscope Information
- Performance Venue: Indiana Repertory Theatre (140 W. Washington Street).
- Public Transportation: Accessible by bus
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performance/Programs: Schedule is Thursday-Sunday.
- Admission: Single tickets are $25-$35 for adults; $15-$20 tickets available for children and students with ID.
- Subscription/Memberships: Season subscriptions are $80-$120.