With more than 100 performances in dozens of venues across the city, the DC Jazz Festival is the largest musical festival in Washington D.C. and one of the most highly anticipated of its kind in the country. DCJF presents educational programs year round for DC students and residents by local, national, and international acts at a number of venues. The Festival also advocates for integration of music into school curricula through a variety of channels. The main festival takes place over 10 days in June with the main events taking place at The Hamilton. Major performers like John Scofield, Jimmy Heath, Roy Hargrove and Roberta Gambarini are regular fixtures at the festival. The Jazz Loft series brings the avant garde and experimental flair and the Jazz Loft MegaFest features 11 non-stop hours of jazz, food, art and more in a swanky loft space. Jazz in the ‘Hoods brings great performances to venues all around the city and the unique Jazz Meets the Classics at the Kennedy Center features an all-star lineup of jazz greats reinterpreting masterworks by classical composers. (MS)
D.C. Jazz Festival Information
- Venues: Numerous venues throughout Washington D.C.
- Public Transportation: Good (all venues accessible by the D.C. Metro system)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Varies depending on venue
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 200 events programmed over 2 weeks
- Admission: Varies depending on performance and venue.