The Dekalb Choral Guild has been an artistic mainstay of the metropolitan Atlanta area since 1978. Affiliated with both the arts councils of Georgia and Dekalb County, the organization has developed a reputation for extensive community involvement, from participation in and sponsorship of local choral festivals to performance collaborations with area high school choirs as part of its “Music in the Schools” celebration. The Chamber Singers, a smaller subset of the Guild consisting of 10 to 16 singers, perform holiday fare a cappella at various community events as part of DCG’s fundraising arm, and are available for hire.
The Dekalb Choral Guild has also toured internationally–including stops in Germany, Italy, the Czech Republic, and the United Kingdom–and has performed twice at the regional Piccolo Spoleto Festival in South Carolina.
DCG’s web site features a substantial Program Archives section, with comprehensive composer and performed work indices spanning the Guild’s programs and performances from 1995 to the present.
DeKalb Choral Guild Information
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue
- Performances/Programs: Around 5–10 per season
- Ticket Prices: Each performance is priced individually. Some are free, while others are usually around $15–$20
- Sponsorship: Several sponsorship levels are available, each with benefits. Singer ($1–$99) – listing in the programs and web site; Section Leader ($100–$249) – Singer-level benefits plus 2 tickets to all DCG concerts, and a business card program ad for each concert; Accompanist ($250–$499) – Singer-level benefits plus 4 tickets to all DCG concerts, and a half-page program ad for each concert; Conductor ($500–$999) – Singer-level benefits plus 4 tickets to all DCG concerts, and a full page Program Ad for each concert; Producer ($1,000–$2,499) – Conductor-level benefits plus your company’s branding on printed publicity for the concert of your choice, and 2 tickets to the DCG May Fundraiser; Signature Sponsor ($2,500 or more) – Producer-level benefits plus your company’s branding for all concerts, a free holiday performance from our Chamber Singers at your holiday event, and 4 tickets to the DCG May Fundraiser
- The Endowment Fund: Another way of supporting the Guild. Funds are used for long term investment and are intended to ultimately contribute to the Guild’s annual budget. Endowment levels are: Friend $1–$49; Neighbor $50–$149; Patron $150–$299; Contributor $300–$599; Sustainer $600–$999; and Major Donor $1,000+.