The Delaware Theatre Company, the highlight of the Brandywine Valley’s impressive cultural arts scene, has, in the course of its first thirty years, produced over 150 productions, ranging from Private Lives to Proof, winning 11 Barrymore Awards for Excellence along the way. Combining rich artistry with the world canon of theatre writing, productions at DTC are bold and richly produced, with exceptional production values and outstanding talent.
Housed in an intimate 400 seat playhouse, DTC produces five mainstage shows annually. It launched a full season of theatre for young audiences in 2010, and continues its deep commitment to community enrichment through art, rooted in an education program with a nationally recognized academy and diverse programs ranging from in-house acting training, to interactive workshops at area schools. Specialty nights for grown up patrons include season ticket packages aimed at “Girls Night Out”, “Wine Down Thursday”, and “Viewpoints”, actively encouraging audiences to combine art and social fun.
Delaware Theatre Company Information
- Public Transportation: Good. (The Amtrak Wilmington station is a 4-minute walk)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 5 mainstage shows with multiple performances of each. Performance schedule is Wednesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: $35–$49, $2 dollar/per seat discount for seniors, $15 tickets for students with valid student ID. 40% discount available for groups of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: Classic subscriptions are $157.50–$220.50; Family Flex Pass is $260; Flex Pass is $215. Additional specialty packages: “Girls Night Out,” “Student Subscriptions,” “Wine Down Thursday,” “Talk Back Thursday” and “Viewpoints” are $67.50–$223.75. Subscribers receive exchange privileges.