Though a relatively new addition to the Triangle (opened in November 2008), the DPAC is already the region’s center of activity for the live arts. It has featured a huge variety of performances, with an emphasis on Broadway musicals and nationally known musicians, comedians and speakers. The Suntrust Broadway Series features the most popular touring musicals with an affordable season ticket package; it is one of the country’s most popular Broadway series, with over 10,000 season ticket holders.
In its few years of existence, DPAC has already won local and national acclaim as one of North Carolina’s top destinations for the performing arts. Its more than 80 sold-out programs have included Leonard Cohen, Steely Dan, Bill Cosby, Robin Williams, four seasons of the musical Wicked, and the inaugural concert featuring blues legend B.B. King.
Durham Performing Arts Center (DPAC) Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (accessible by a number of public bus routes)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 120 events presented annually
- Ticket Prices: Varies widely ($15-140) depending on performance and seating
- Group Discounts: Discounts of 10% are available to select events for groups of 10 or more. Please see website for more detailed information on Broadway group pricing
- Subscriptions/Membership: Season tickets available to the SunTrust Broadway Season; benefits include 10-50% discounts on ticket prices, seating priority, complimentary parking and more.