El Paso Opera began in 1992 as Opera a la Carte. With a motto of “Opera for All,” the company is distinctively connected to its west Texas community. In addition to in-school presentations for students and a semi-annual Youth Night at the Opera, El Paso Opera collaborates with the University of Texas-El Paso to enable college students to serve in the chorus and in understudy roles. Performances are given in the operas’ original languages, with English and Spanish supertitles. Featured composers have included Mozart, Gounod, Verdi, and Bernstein.
El Paso Opera Information
- Public Transportation: Excellent (a short walk from several buses at Oregon Street/Mills Avenue and Oregon Street/Texas Avenue)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 6 concerts per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: $11–$37 depending on seat selection
- Subscriptions: $63–$201 depending on seat selection. Subscriber benefits include ticket exchange privileges; free ticket replacement; early Special Event ticket purchase opportunities; invitation to subscriber only parties; and discounts at the Symphony Gift Shop
- Membership: Donations of any amount are greatly appreciated.