Founded in 1986, the ETC performed at Memorial Hall through its first two subscription seasons. In 1988, the company moved to its present location at 1127 Vine Street in Over-the-Rhine and became the only Equity theater in downtown Cincinnati. Over the years, the facility was remodeled and renovated to include a scene shop, costume shop, dressing rooms, and rehearsal hall, and the original 134-seat theater was expanded to a seating capacity of 202.
Ensemble Theatre of Cincinnati artists have worked directly with a number of well-known playwrights; Edward Albee came on board in the early ‘90s to direct three of his plays, and the world premieres of works by such authors as Lee Blessing and Warren Leight have been presented here. The theater has gained a reputation for having staged the first regional productions of many notable plays and musicals, including Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Full Gallop, Violet, and Copenhagen. Among the well known actors who have trod the boards at ETC are Gary Sandy, Sara Gilbert, Dennis Parlato, Pamela Sue Martin, and Brenda Vaccaro.
- Public Transportation: Very Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performance/Programs: Tuesday through Sunday, with occasional Monday performances
- Ticket Prices: Single Tickets are $27 – $35, seniors and students get a $3 discount, $16 tickets for children 12 and under, discounts available for groups of 10 or more. Discounts are also available to FAF FunCard, AAA, Enjoy the Arts and Start members.
- Subscriptions: Regular Subscription (Fri., Sat., or Opening Night) $156.00; FlexPass Subscription (6 flexible tickets to use anytime throughout the season) $156.00; Sunday Saver Subscription (Sunday matinee) $144.00; Super Saver Subscription (Wed. or Thurs. night, except Opening night) $126.00 ; Student/Senior Subscription – Available to Seniors age 65+ or Students for any Regular, Sunday Saver, or Super Saver Subscription. $126.00.
Ensemble Theatre of Cincinnati Information