Eugene Ballet is a resident company at the Hult Center for the Performing Arts where, from October to April, they perform a regular season consisting of approximately four productions. These range from full length classical ballets to more contemporary works and always include their holiday Nutcracker. Nationally renowned resident choreographer and company co-founder Toni Pimble draws from a wide range of narrative influences and multi-disciplinary collaborations. In addition to Pimble’s work the company of 21 dancers has performed works by George Balanchine, Gerald Arpino and many other choreographers. Collaborations with music ensembles such as the Portland-based Pink Martini have brought dazzling repertory to the Hult stage. In addition to performing at their home venue in Eugene, the company also tours to as many as six states in the Northwest each year and in several other nearby cities, including Corvallis, Florence and Salem.
Eugene Ballet Company Information
- Other Venues: Historic Elsinore Theatre, Salem; LaSells Stewart Center, OSU Campus, Corvallis; Florence Events Center, 715 Quince St., Florence.
- Performances/Programs: The Eugene Ballet Company presents full seasons (3-4 productions) in Eugene, Salem and Corvallis.
- Ticket Prices: $22-$48. Discounted youth/student tickets available.
- Subscriptions: Season ticket packages cost $60-$135.
- Educational/Community Outreach: The ballet’s educational offerings include master classes, free Ballet Insider Talks, and special $5 school performances of ballets on literary or educational subjects (e.g. Alice in Wonderland, Romeo & Juliet and Swan Lake).