(September – November) Festival Miami opens the South Florida arts season each year, providing incredibly diverse programming while expanding the academic opportunities and cultural enrichment to all of South Florida and its visitors. Presenting 25-30 concerts, lectures, and master classes each season, Festival Miami takes place over five weeks in October/November annually. Each event falls under one of four unique themes; “Great Performances”, “Jazz and Beyond”, “Creative American Music” or “Music of America”. The festival was founded in 1983, with the aim of furthering the visibility of the University of Miami’s Frost School of Music on a national level. Tickets for festival events are available through the website and vary widely in price depending on the performance. (MS)
Festival Miami Information
- Venues: Most events and performances take place at venues located at the University of Miami (1252 Memorial Drive, Coral Gables); one takes place at Knight Concert Hall at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts (1300 Biscayne Boulevard)
- Public Transportation: Good for all venues. University of Miami venues (easily accessible by Miami-Dade Transit buses 48, 56, 500, and the Metrorail at the University Station); Adrienne Arsht Center (accessible by the Omni train and several buses at the Adrienne Arsht Center Station)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Festival presents between 25 to 30 concerts, master classes, and lectures over a five-week period. Performance schedule varies
- Ticket Prices: Ticket prices vary by performance. Group discounts are available for groups of 20 or more and will receive 20% off the total order.