Since its inaugural season in 1987, First Stage has grown to become one of the nation’s most acclaimed children’s theaters and the second largest theater company in Milwaukee. First Stage touches hearts and transforms lives through professional theater productions that engage, enlighten and entertain. Committed to new play development, First Stage has presented nearly 40 world premieres in its history and has collaborated with renowned artists including Harry Connick Jr. and Stephen Schwartz, and award-winning authors Lois Lowry and Cornelia Funke. Its Theater Academy, teaching life skills through stage skills, is the largest theater training program of its kind in the nation. As a Wisconsin leader in arts-in-education programming, First Stage’s dynamic Theater in Education programs promote active learning in our schools and our community, serving nearly 20,000 children each year.
First Stage Children’s Theater Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (accessible by several public bus routes)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performance/Programs: Approximately 8 productions per season, with 10-20 performances of each.
- Admission: $10-33
- Group Discounts: Groups attending family shows receive discounts of 15% or more.
- Subscription/Memberships: Season ticket holders receive up to 35% off the regular ticket price, as well as ticket exchange privileges, priority seating, and discounts for classes, workshops and other events.