Florida Grand Opera has a rich tradition of operatic excellence spanning almost 70 years. In 1965, Luciano Pavarotti made his American debut at FGO in their production of Lucia di Lammermoor. Many of the greatest internationally acclaimed operatic artists have performed with FGO, and the company’s expansive repertoire includes both standard operas and newly commissioned works.
Florida Grand Opera Information
- Other Venue: Broward Center for the Performing Arts, 201 SW 5th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Five productions per season, each with multiple performances
- Ticket Prices: $10–$250
- Subscriptions: Four-show subscriptions start as low as $32
- Membership: Donations beginning at $25 are recognized in season program book; higher level donation benefits include priority seating and invitations to dress rehearsals and special events.