Founded in 1925, this orchestra is firmly committed to maintaining its relevance to Dallas-Forth Worth audiences amidst a 21st century brimming with sociocultural influences and replete with myriad demands on our time and attention. Under the direction of its dynamic Peruvian-born music director Miguel Harth-Bedoya since 2000, Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra has engaged patrons through its Great Performances Festival and its annual summer series Concerts in the Garden, in addition to diverse programs of Pops repertoire, symphonic classics, new commissions from vital contemporary composers such as Osvaldo Golijov, and recording collaborations with world-renowned artists like tenor Juan Diego Flórez and pianist Alessio Bax.
Also worth noting here are Harth-Bedoya’s Caminos del Inka concerts, which first found particular resonance with FWSO’s audiences through the use of multimedia in tandem with the orchestra in order to preserve the continuing cultural-historical legacy of indigenous South American music along the Inca Trail. More information about these performances and the eponymous organization that produces them may be found at caminosdelinka.net.
- Other Venue: Fort Worth Botanic Garden, 3220 Botanic Garden Boulevard, Fort Worth
- Public Transportation: Depends on venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Vary by season and program
- Ticket Prices: $10–$78. Educators, students, and seniors (65+) can purchase discounted tickets in the Parterre Circle, Lower Gallery, and Upper Gallery for Friday and Sunday Symphonic series concerts. Tickets are $8–$39. Discounts are offered on groups of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: Genre-specific packages are offered, including a Symphonic and Pops series, as well as the Great Performances Festival
- Membership: Individual membership begins at $50 and includes a card that provides discounts to local restaurants and retailers, passes to special donor concerts and events, invitations to working rehearsals, and the opportunity to host a private recital in your home
- Activities for young Adults: ¡Vivace! (a young patrons membership group) offers admission for two to all ¡Vivace! pre-concert receptions, including complimentary hors d’oeuvres and two cocktails per person (concert tickets purchased separately). Also included are discounted tickets to the annual Symphony Gala (¡Vivace! ticket $150, regular ticket $250; ¡Vivace! table $1,500, regular table $2,500) and invitations to FWSO special events. The annual membership fee for ¡Vivace! is $250 per couple, $125 per individual.