The “Fabulous” Fox Theater of St. Louis presents a lively mix of touring Broadway productions, popular music acts, notable public speakers and large scale stage spectacles such as Cirque Dreams and Celtic Thunder.
One of five classic movie houses constructed in 1929 to showcase the films of the 20th Century Fox Corporation, the theater also served as a legit and concert venue for almost five decades before eventually closing in 1978. It reopened in 1982, after an extensive multi-million dollar renovation, reclaiming its position as one of St. Louis’ premiere performance venues.
Fox Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Fair (There is a Metrolink station about 5 blocks from the theater, but the website recommends people drive or take a taxi at night for safety reasons).
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performances/ Programs: As the major touring venue in St. Louis, the Fox Theatre hosts a Broadway Series, as well as some notable music acts, comedians, and other special events. Performance schedule generally Tuesday through Sunday, with occasional Monday performances.
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets vary depending on show, usually somewhere between $29 and $98. Student Rush tickets are offered for some shows. Discounts for groups of 20 or more available for many shows.
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are available for the 6-show Broadway Series. A 3-Show subscription ranges from $73 – $174. Subscriber benefits include “Swap One” (substitute one off-series Broadway special for any one show in thee series), exchange privileges and lost or stolen ticket protection.