One of five classic movie houses built in 1929 to showcase the films of the 20th Century Fox Corporation, Atlanta’s Fox Theater was scheduled for demolition after falling into disrepair in the late 1980’s. Thanks to an outpouring of public support and a highly successful fundraising campaign, the theater was fully restored and subsequently reopened to the public in 1987. Today the Fox’s 4,500+ seat theatre hosts approximately 300 performances a year, including the full TOTS season. In December 2009, Billboard Magazine ranked the Fox as one of the most successful venues of its size in the world based on annual attendance.
Fox Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Very good (easily accessible via MARTA)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets are $20–$68
- Subscriptions: Season subscriptions cost between $135 and $410. Benefits include guaranteed seats for all sell-out shows, lost-ticket replacement, easy ticket exchanges, and special deals on dining and other Atlanta events.