The only Equity theatre in New Mexico, Fusion focuses primarily on the works of playwrights who are considered voices of the American experience: Tennessee Williams, David Mamet, Donald Margulies, Richard Greenberg, et al. The company’s scholarship program and its Create The Young Artists Festival offer foreign exchange with European students and an opportunity to perform in professional venues within the U.S. and abroad, with emphasis on the economically disadvantaged Native American and Hispanic populations of New Mexico. Fusion has an arts lounge and a library where the community may gather, and the company supports other performing arts programs — including those in local schools — by providing rehearsal facilities, performance venues and technical support. (MP)
FUSION Theatre Company Information
- Public Transportation: Excellent (a 2-minute walk from ABQ RIDE buses 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 16, 18, 36, 92, 93, and 94 at 2nd Street NW/Roma Avenue; and a 10-minute walk from several buses and Amtrak trains at the Albuquerque Alvarado Transportation Center)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 4 mainstage shows per season with multiple performances of each, plus the annual New Short Works Festival
- Ticket Prices: General Admission $30; Students/Seniors $25; $10 Student Rush (w/ID) and $20 Actor Rush (with professional resume) on Thursday performances (excluding opening night). The first Saturday matinee of each show is a pay-what-you-wish performance. Group discounts are also available
- Subscriptions: 4-show subscription $107 (Student/Senior $90). Subscriber benefits include special access to FUSION FUEL; guaranteed admission; ability to roll over tickets to another night; special subscriber-only events; and advance notice of special events.