Founded in 2004, Gallimaufry Performing Arts is a relative newcomer to the arts environment in Southern California. It is dedicated to the creation of work that represents a contemporary bent on the performing arts today. The name says it all; ‘gallimaufree’ is a 15th century French word for a stew that uses any and all ingredients at hand.
The goal of Gallimaufry is to bring together some of the top tier local professionals in all aspects of performing arts, with the intent of catalyzing new and exciting creative ventures. In its first six years, the organization produced 13 musical, 5 plays, 11 dance presentations and 14 musical events. It is part of the Laguna Beach Alliance for the Arts and its productions, most notably by acclaimed resident dance troupe Gallimaufry & Greene, have been featured at the famed Edinburgh Fringe Festival.
Gallimaufry Performing Arts Information
- Venues: Multi-faceted innovative arts organization uses multiple venues in and around Laguna Beach
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Varies by venue
- Performances/Programs: Programming includes Gallimaufry Arts Festival (two weeks of theater, dance, music, and film), Family Festival, plays and musicals, performances by the teen theater company The Generation Gap, Lagunatunes community chorus, Gallimaufry & Greene contemporary dance company, Promiscuous Assemblage repertory company, and the Ridiculous Medley vocal performance group
- Ticket Prices: Vary by program. Free events include master classes and performances on Dance Day, as well as various free concerts
- Group Discounts: Group discounts are available for some performances. See website for details
- Subscriptions/Membership: Membership begins at $35; at the $500 Patron level, you get VIP priority seating; at the $1,000 donation level, you get two free tickets to any production
- Educational/Community Outreach: Gallimaufry Arts Project provides free educational programs for both kids and adults throughout its season.