The Garage Theatre Group was co-founded in 1993 as “a place for professional artists and youth artists to be able to grow and stretch.” For its first 10 years, the company performed in various venues throughout Bergen County, including several high school auditoriums. In 2003, Fairleigh Dickinson University offered GTG a residency at The Becton Theatre; that same year, the company was recognized by The Bergen County Department of Parks Division of Cultural & Historic Affairs as Bergen County’s number one Arts Organization. GTG has produced eight world premieres and six New Jersey premieres, and such notables as William Mastrosimone, David Shire, and John Ford Noonan have participated in the company’s post-show discussions. (MP)
Garage Theatre Group Information
- Public Transportation: Good (a 2-minute walk from NJ Transit buses 155 and 178 at River Road/Library Circle)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 6 shows per season with multiple performances of each
- Ticket Prices: $37 General Admission; $32 Seniors (65+) and students
- Subscriptions: 3 ticket PlayPass is $90 (Seniors $75). Subscriber benefits include priority seating, free ticket exchange, discounted 2-for-1 tickets for special events, and more.