One of the Jersey state’s leading dramatic companies, George Street Playhouse has hosted the development of such important theatrical works as The Spitfire Grill, the Musical, Anne Meara’s Down the Garden Path, and the Pulitzer Prize winning drama, Proof. Staging its five-show season in an intimate thrust-stage setting, works at George Street combine the cutting edge and contemporary (Circle Mirror Transformation, Creating Claire) with timeless stories (To Kill a Mockingbird, The Subject Was Roses), all given the highest production value and featuring top New York talent. Founded in 1974, George Street’s annual productions play to over 140,000 patrons a year. In addition to its mainstage, the troupe’s excellent education program boasts an academy, workshop classes, and a full roster of touring productions designed to bring socially relevant issues into classrooms throughout the eastern United States.
George Street Playhouse Information
- Public Transportation: Easy accessible
- Handicapped Accessible: Yes
- Hours: Performance schedule is Tuesday through Sunday
- Admission: Single tickets are $29.50 – $71.50. Student tickets are $16.50. Discounts available for open-captioned and audio-described performances. Discounts available for groups of 10 or more. Sign up with E-Club to receive alerts about special discount offers
- Membership/Subscriptions: 3-Play ($105 – $171) and 5-Play ($175 – $265)
- Other Benefits: Flex Pass: 4-admission $160, 5-admission $200, and 6-admission $240