Vanderbilt University’s Great Performances (GP) program has served the Nashville area for more than 35 years, bringing talent of international caliber to numerous venues across the school’s campus. It is a largely student-run organization, coordinated by a student committee at all levels of production, under the direction of a professional advisor.
Great Performances programs a variety of dance, theatre and music from across the globe, emphasizing diversity in keeping with its mission to inspire engagement in the arts among all members of the Nashville community. Education is a key component of GP’s activities; audience interaction with performing artists is promoted through a series of masterclasses and other activities. The Performances on the Move (POM) series brings artists into the local community to deepen its connection with the greater world of the creative arts.
Great Performances – Vanderbilt University Information
- Venues: Langford Auditorium, Ingram Hall, VU Student Life Center Ballroom
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Approximately 7 performances per season
- Ticket Prices: General public $29-37, Seniors $25-33, VU Faculty $17, VU Students $5, All other students $10
- Subscriptions/Membership: Full Series tickets $196-224, Full Series passes for higher education community $112, Flex Pass (any 4 performances) $112-128.