(June) Located in Vermont’s Mad River Valley, this June festival offers free open rehearsals and master classes leading up to two fully staged productions of classic operas from Mozart, Bizet, Donizetti, and others. Singers under the age of 32 are invited to audition for the Emerging Artists Program.
Green Mountain Opera Festival Information
- Venues: Barre Opera House (opera mainstage performances) 6 N. Main Street, Barre; Joslyn Round Barn (Broadway picnic) 1661 East Warren Road, Waitsfield; Sugarbush (open rehearsals and master classes) 102 Forest Drive, Warren; and several other venues in Mad River Valley
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: 15–20 performances per year
- Ticket Prices: Master classes and open rehearsals are free, while main performances range from $10 to $60
- Membership: Donations from $100–$25,000+ are welcome. Every donor receives recognition in the programs
- Other Benefits: At the Supporter level ($250+) donors receive 1 complimentary ticket to the Festival opening concert. At the Silver level ($1,000–$4,999) donors also receive an invitation for 2 to the final Cast Party.