With musicians at the height of the their artistry, a world-class conductor and fantastic facilities, the stage is set for something extraordinary. Greenville Symphony Orchestra, which began in 1948 as an all-volunteer ensemble, today has over 60 professional players performing under the baton of Maestro Edvard Tchivzhel to oft-sold out houses. Programming relies heavily on orchestral masterworks, but that’s not easy to criticize when the orchestra is so successful. The Symphony plays a Masterworks Series, a Chamber Orchestra Series, the casual GSO Spotlight Series and a holiday concert.
- Venues: Peace Center Concert Hall, 300 South Main St; The Gunter Theater, 300 South Main St; Centre Stage, 501 River Street
- Public Transportation: Excellent (All Greenlink buses are available at the GTA Transit, and all venues are within a 5-minute walk)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good. Notify the box office in advance
- Performances/Programs: 14 programs, 30 performances each season
- Tickets: $20–$60 with prices varying by seat selection. Student rush tickets available for $10 on the day of any concert
- Group Discounts: Groups of 10 or more receive 20% off individual ticket prices
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions available at deep discounts for Masterworks Series, Chamber Orchestra Series and GSO Spotlight Series, $45–$156 depending on series and seating
- Membership: Numerous membership levels starting at $25.
Greenville Symphony Orchestra Information