Originally part of Minneapolis’s “Theatre Row” (which at one point featured over 30 legit venues), the Orpheum (1921), State (1921) and Pantages (1916) are all historic vaudeville theatres which have been scrupulously renovated and maintained by the Hennepin Theater Trust. These unique venues are considered to be among the finest in the Midwest, and showcase a broad variety of performances annually. Touring Broadway shows are housed in the Orpheum, while the Pantages and State present concerts, comedy shows and more. Docent led tours of the State Theater are hosted regularly.
Hennepin Theatre Trust Information
- Public Transportation: Very good (easily accessible by bus or LRT)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Programming includes Broadway touring shows, concerts, comedy, family shows, dance, theater, and literary events
- Ticket Prices: Vary by program. Family discounts available for selected shows. Many productions offer student Rush tickets
- Group Discounts: Group discounts are available (usually for groups of 20 or more)
- Subscription/Membership: Broadway subscriptions allow subscribers to pick three or more shows to attend per season. Hennepin Theatre Trust membership at the $150 level or higher includes the following benefits: the opportunity to purchase two tickets per Broadway production prior to public, concierge ticketing, and invites to special events.