Founded in 1976, Hip Pocket has presented hundreds of shows over the decades, including more than 150 world premieres. The company’s first home was a renovated motel on Highway 80; productions there ran the gamut from Cowtown to Tarzan of the Apes to Tartuffe. Hip Pocket left the Highway 80 location in 1980 and moved to the Oak Acres Amphitheater in 1980. There it remained until 2004, when it relocated to its current home on Silver Creek Road. Recent seasons have included such intriguingly titled shows as Etiquette Unraveled, Lowdown Wax, Circus Salome, and White Elephant. (MP)
Hip Pocket Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 5 mainstage performances per season with multiple performances of each, plus several Backyard Music concerts presented each year
- Ticket Prices: Adults $10–$15; Students/Teachers/Military/Seniors (55+) $8–$10; Student Rush/Children (6-12) $5 with prices varying by date selection. Opening nights are 2-for-1 nights
- Subscriptions: 10-ticket subscriptions are $135.