Theatre lovers with a keen interest in the unique past of Minnesota and its place in the fabric of American life have found a comfortable home at the History Theatre. Dedicated to theatrical exploration of the diverse Minnesota communities, the History Theatre has, for over 30 years, presented a wealth of innovative world premieres, and popular plays and musicals all tied in some way to the “Land of 10,000 Lakes.” Main stage performances are held at the theatre’s well designed 600 seat theatre, while the company’s “Raw Stages” provides a first hand opportunity for patrons to get a sneak peak at works in development. Highlight premieres from past seasons include Farm Boys, Snapshots: Life in the City, and the raucous musical Wellstone!
History Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Thursday–Sunday (occasional Mondays)
- Ticket Prices: $25–$32, discounts available for students and seniors
- Subscriptions: Premium pass is $125, Buddy pass (i.e., flex pass) and Friday-Night passes are $100, students and seniors get $10 discount on Premium and Buddy passes.