Not only Hawaii’s only professional stage company but also one of the oldest children’s theatres in the United States, Honolulu Theatre for Youth has been a thriving arena for imagination for over 50 years. Mixing modern stories, children’s classics, and tales rooted in the unique heritage of the Hawaiian Islands, HTY offers a seven show season as appealing to international travelers on holiday as to its loyal audience of Honolulu locals. One of Hawaii’s cultural mainstays, the theatre also offers over 300 performances to local school children annually at its theatre on the grounds of the historic Cathedral Church of St. Andrew.
Honolulu Theatre for Youth Information
- Public Transportation: Accessible by bus
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performance/Programs: Most public performances are on Fridays and Saturdays.
- Admission: Single tickets $16-$20 for adults; $8-$10 for children, students, and seniors. Tickets are $8 for everyone at Preschool Performances. Military personnel can get one child ticket free with each paying adult ticket.
- Group Discounts: Groups of 10 or more get a $1 per ticket discount.
- Subscription/Memberships: 5-show Season subscriptions are $60 ($75 for opening nights) for adults, and $30 ($37.50 for opening nights) for children/students/seniors.Subscriber benefits include getting a $1 discount on each additional ticket purchased, flexible ticket exchange, 50% off Onstage series, preferred seating, and “Passport” re-entry (get a “passport” stamped from HTY staff when you see the show, allowing you to see the same production again as many times as you like for free).