Named “Orchestra of the Year” in 1992 and 2010, this Chicago Southland-based ensemble also serves communities in Indiana and Michigan. The orchestras repertoire features such stalwarts of the canon as Mendelssohn, Dvorák, and Stravinsky.
For young students, there are the Symphonic Youth Concerts (3rd to 8th grade, $6 per ticket), the Artists-in-the-Schools program, and a mentorship program for student musicians.
Illinois Philharmonic Orchestra Information
- Venues: Ravisloe Country Club (18231 Park Avenue, Homewood); Lincoln-Way North PAC (19900 S. Harlem Avenue, Frankfort); Lincoln-Way East PAC (201 East Colorado Avenue, Frankfort); Ozinga Chapel, Trinity Christian College (6601 W. College Drive, Palos Heights); and more
- Public Transportation: Varies by venue
- Handicapped Accessibility: Depends on venue, but generally good
- Performances/Programs: 4 Summer Music at Ravisloe concerts; and 6 regular season concerts, including a Holiday concert
- Ticket Prices: Summer concerts are $25 general admission. Saturday Series ($30–$50); Sunday Series ($25–$30, students $15). Groups of 10 or more $20
- Subscriptions: Saturday Series–4-Flex ($108–$188); 5-Flex ($130–$230); All 6 concerts ($140–$260). Sunday Series ($70–$90)
- Contribution Levels: Patrons ($100–$249); Sustainers ($250–$499); Advocates ($500–$999); Benefactors ($1,000–$2,499); Guarantors ($2,500–$4,999); Champions ($5,000–$9,999); Grand Champions ($10,000+). All donors are listed in concerts program books
- Sponsorship Levels: Orchestra Chair ($1,000); Principal Chair ($2,500); Soloist and Shared Sponsorships ($3,000); Co-Sponsorship ($6,000); Premier Sponsorship ($12,000). Each sponsorship level carries its own unique benefits.