One of the great troupes that took root during the American regional theatre movement of the 1970s, IRT continues to offer award-winning productions. Housed in a recently restored 1927 downtown landmark building boasting three unique performance spaces, it presents an annual ten-show exploration of tradition and adventure.
Mixing area premiers (The 39 Steps, The Gospel According to James) with enduring classics (Romeo and Juliet, The Diary of Anne Frank) and a hugely popular perennial staging of A Christmas Carol, IRT’s fare also regularly includes a Going Solo series celebrating intimate one-person dramas, and the Young Playwrights in Progress and Bonderman Playwriting for Youth workshops, encouraging the fostering of new plays by and for young audiences respectively. One of the state’s largest cultural institutions, IRT also offers a renowned student based conservatory, and a Teaching Theatre Initiative bringing arts education into local area classrooms.
Indiana Repertory Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Accessible by bus
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Performance/Programs: Schedule is Tuesday through Sunday.
- Admission: Single tickets are $25-$54.
- Group Discounts: Available for groups of 10 or more
- Subscription/Memberships: 6-Show subscriptions available for $179-$281. Subscriber benefits include free and unlimited ticket exchanges, discounts on additional single tickets, and one free Companion Ticket. Flexible YouChoose packages also available for $125 (3 shows), $155 (4 shows), $180 (5 shows), and $197 (6 shows). Corporate Subscription packages also available.