Now in its 22nd season, the InterAct continues its mission of providing Philadelphia with contemporary, culturally relevant new works. Favoring edgy, politically conscious fare from a roster of highly regarded emerging playwrights, InterAct’s daring theatricality has landed it over 16 Barrymore Awards. Lauded for their recently formed 20/20 New Play Commission Program, pledging 20 play commissions over the course of just six upcoming seasons, InterAct will celebrate its first New York transfer in 2010 with its premiere staging of Lee Blessing’s When We Go Upon the Sea.
InterAct Theatre Company Information
- Public Transportation: Average
- Public Transportation: Good
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: $15–$27, discounts available for full-time students and seniors, $10 student Rush tickets sold 10 minutes before the show, group discounts available for parties of 10 or more
- Subscriptions: Four-Show subscriptions $86–$101, Preview subscription $54, Senior subscriptions $76–$86, Student subscriptions $61–$68. Benefits include free ticket exchanges, free admission to InterAct staged readings, and discounts to other arts organizations in Philadelphia.