ICT annually performs a five-play season and administers seven community and educational outreach programs. ICT’s 2011 season includes the West Coast premiere of the musical Loving Repeating…A Musical of Gertrude Stein, as well as Southern Comforts, The Old Settler, Private Lives, and The Robber Bridegroom.
ICT productions and programs reach more than 75,000 people a year. The company collaborates closely with groups such as the City’s Black Manager’s Association, Latino and Asian organizations, and the NAACP, working to assist them in raising money for scholarships while introducing new faces to the theatre. The company has received more then 200 awards for excellence in professional theatre, and The City Council of Long Beach has officially recognized it as the city’s resident professional theatre.
International City Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Very Good (within a short walk from the Blue Line at the 1st Street Station, and several Long Beach Transit bus lines at and around the Long Beach Convention Center)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Thursday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Single tickets are $19–$42, $5 discount for full-time students under 24, seniors, and Chamber of Commerce members (limit two). KCRW Fringe Benefits cardholders and DLBA Passport holders get 2-for-1 admission for Thursday and Friday performances (limit two). Discounts for groups of 15 or more
- Subscriptions: Subscriptions are $109–$250; Flex subscription $175; student subscription $74; educator subscription $109. Benefits include free ticket exchanges, free ticket insurance, 50% off parking, and discounts on ICT’s Summer Youth Conservatory tuition.