This nearly 40-year-old company is named for “the invisible energy that flows between a performer and audience, creating the magic of theatre.” In its intimate 80-seat venue, IT showcases local professional talent as well as guest artists. Founded in 1971 as an arena for local playwrights, the theatre has expanded to include adaptations of classics and recent Off-Broadway plays and musicals while continuing to encourage new writers through full productions and staged readings. In addition to its Main Stage season, Invisible hosts many special events and runs Project Pastime, an educational theater program for the mentally challenged.
- Public Transportation: Good (within a 5-minute walk from bus 6 at Euclid Avenue/Drachman Street; bus 1 at Park Avenue/Drachman Street; and buses 4, 5, 102X, 103X, 105X, and 109X at 1st Avenue/Speedway Blvd.)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performance/Programs: Season features 6 productions, with extra performances/events (single-actor plays, talks, etc.) billed as part of the season
- Admission: Individual tickets are $25 for main season productions
- Season Passes: Season passes (good for one performance of each of 6 main productions of the season) available for $160; ‘mini-pass’ (good for 4 performances) available for $125.
Invisible Theater Information