The Jacksonville Symphony, founded in 1949, reaches hundreds of thousands of Florida’s music lovers every year. Led my music director Fabio Mechetti, the symphony calls the Jacoby Symphony Hall at the Times-Union Center for Performing Arts its home. The JSO also reaches out beyond the Symphony Hall, touring nationally, performing in the community, and introducing young people to classical music through its educational programs.
Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra Information
- Other Venue: Moran Theater (300 Water Street)
- Public Transportation: For $15, bus transportation is available from Ponte Vedra on Thursday nights and from Amelia Island on Friday nights
- Handicapped Accessibility: Yes
- Admission: Single ticket prices for the JSO are usually $26-$66, but prices often differ for other special events such as operas, ballets, and guest artist performances
- Special Discounts: Students can purchase a $25 Sound Check card, which will allow them to get free admission to all JSO Masterworks, Friday Fusion, and Coffee series concert for the entire season. Parents who buy a Sound Check card for their child are invited to attend all Sound Check events for just $10. Teachers are eligible for half-price tickets (if available) to Masterworks, Friday Fusion, and Coffee series concerts; the teacher can bring 1 guest who will also be able to get 50% off
- Group Discounts: Discounts available for groups of 10 or more
- Subscription/Memberships: Several different season subscriptions (Masterworks, Pops, etc) available. The full 10-concert Masterworks series is $200-$600. Memberships begin at $1 and include an invitation to the annual donor concert.