(NOTE: While the EMP/SFM is alive and well, as of March 2012 it appears that the “Jazz in January” program has been discontinued.)
The Experience Music Project/Science Fiction Museum is one of the crown jewels in Seattle’s arts scene and the “Jazz in January” program strives to feature affordable concerts with some of the best in contemporary jazz in unique settings. Each year, “Jazz in January” centers around a theme, generally associated with a concurrent exhibit in the museum. Concerts are held in the Sky Church or the JBL Theater at EMP. Ticket prices are often very reasonable and heavily discounted with museum membership or admission. Concerts often feature national touring acts, Seattle legends and young musicians just beginning their careers. Tickets can be purchased by calling the EMP/SFM.
Jazz In January/EMP Project Information
- Venues: Sky Church at EMP, JBL Theater at EMP
- Public Transportation: Poor
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 8 to 10 performances, in January
- Ticket Prices: $5–$15. Many concerts are free for EMP members.