Housed at in intimate 150-seat venue in Lyn-Lake, the Jungle Theatre has for 20 seasons presented works aimed at highlighting the “tragic-comedy” experience of the human condition. Founded by acclaimed artistic director, Bain Boehike, the Jungle Theatre has become a popular place to see Minnesota’s favorite talent taking on some of the greatest roles of the last fifty years.
From the folly of Tennessee Williams’s women, to the spirit of Anne Frank and Helen Keller, the Jungle built its reputation on solid productions of classic-contemporary dramas. The past decade has shown the company leaning to the more adventurous, with contemporary works by John Cameron Mitchell (Hedwig and the Angry Inch) and David Lindsay-Abaire (Rabbit Hole) creeping into seasons alongside the works of Edward Albee and Noel Coward.
Jungle Theater Information
- Public Transportation: Excellent (bus stop right in front of theater)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: $26–$36, discounts for students and seniors available, Rush tickets sold 30 minutes prior to every performance, group discounts available
- Subscriptions: Four-Show Flex pass $100, Six-Show Flex pass ($150).