A unique performer based theatrical ensemble, Actors Theatre of Kansas City is a true “repertory” company, performing six productions in rotation throughout its annual season with a core group of artists at the helm. Primarily focusing on modern day classics, and new works rarely performed in the Kansas City area, highlights from ATKC’s 16 year history include Glengarry Glen Ross and Boston Marriageby David Mamet, Dinner with Friends by Donald Margulies, and Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? by Edward Albee. Keeping the emphasis on the art of the actor, and the language of the playwright, production values at Actors Theatre are purposefully kept to a minimal, but are handsome and well executed, while the impressive credits of its core artist members range from Broadway to leading regional theatre.
Kansas City Actors Theatre Information
- Public Transportation: Each venue is easily accessible by bus.
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: 6 shows with multiple performances of each. Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: Adult tickets range from $24.50–$32.50 and Senior (60+) tickets from $24.50–$28.50
- Subscriptions: 3 Event ANY DAY Season tickets are $75 for Adults and $70 for Seniors (60+). 3 Event PREVIEW Season tickets are $63.