The Lambs Players, now in its 40th year, operates two homes: one in San Diego’s historic Gaslamp Quarter, the other on quaint Coronado Island. As a repertory company featuring a resident group of actors and designers, the Lambs Players presents a comfortable blend of classic (The Glass Menagerie, The Fantasticks) and new (The Light in the Piazza, MiX Tape) with an education program that travels to local schools. The company’s Under 30 club has become a popular (and affordable) social network for the city’s younger artistic set.
- Other Venues: Coronado Resident Theatre, Spreckels Building, 1142 Orange Avenue, Coronado
- Public Transportation: Good for both. Horton Grand Theatre (a 3-minute walk from buses 3, 11, and 120 at 4th Avenue/Market Street; and a 4-minute walk from the Orange Line at the Convention Center Station). Coronado Resident Theatre (a short walk from buses 901 and 904 at Orange Avenue/B Avenue)
- Handicapped Accessibility: Good
- Performances/Programs: Performance schedule is Tuesday–Sunday
- Ticket Prices: $20–$56, discounts available for seniors, military, and youth (5–29), groups of 10 or more eligible for discounts, shows sometimes available on Goldstar.com
- Subscriptions: Season subscription $65–$255.